Monday, November 12, 2012

Wong Jowo....

Assalamulaikum & Salam 1Malaysia.

Hellooooo....it is quite some time I did not update my blog. Takde idea nak tulis apa...

I am on week long holiday...both Deepavali and Awal Muharram....To all Malaysians and my blog readers.....Selamat bercuti! Indeed, we Malaysians are blessed with so many public holidays..both national and states levels. Thanks God.......

I'm in Melaka before going balik kampung to Johor tomorrow. Well, today I'd like to share about my wife's kampung in Benut. It is kampung Parit Ramunia but better known as Parit Wagiman. Too many Parits and I sometimes got confused...."Parit apa plak ni?"..I used to ask my wife.

I am married to Salyana Sumiry from Benut or Kg. Parit Ramunia to be precised. This village is criss-crossed by a small junction. I told you so....the moment you cross a junction, it could be another parit or kampung. See this....

My wife is a Javanese decedent but she speaks little Jawa....town girl perhaps.

The village is surrounded by palm oil trees and no other crop plantation. The economic activities here are mostly cultivating sawit.

While cuti balik kampung, I woke early just to take these pictures. I always wake up early there and love the cool and breeze morning. It was crisp cold morning. I think the temperature was between 22-24 degree Celcius. No rushing and hectic life like KL, I love to be here.

 Memang sejuk pagi ni.....




These are the roads in the kampung....not for racing yeeerrr.......



I post this entry because in the next 10 years or so, I don't think this kampung is still there. Even now, it is difficult to see any young men there. Most of youngsters migrate to towns for better works and opportunities.
This happens across Malaysia. I can see lot of people during solat Jumaat......that's because congregation from nearby kampungs.

I took the pictures so we will never forget that from this kampung we came. And, we can show to the next generations and tell them about living in kampung. I believe most of today's kids don't even taste to enjoy swimming in rivers, chasing chickens for rendang, climbing trees (I can't...gayat), or melastik burung. Almost all of us coming from kampungs, no matter in Kelantan, Melaka, Sarawak or Sabah.

Ok lah. Time's up....lunch is ready. But, before I leave....the owner of blog after jalan-jalan taking pictures...hahahaha



Adios!



No comments: