Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm just a rider...

Assalamualaikum...

My first posting in 2012. I believe it is not too late to wish all readers and fans (ada ke?..heheh) a Happy New Year. Wish all of you a prosperous years ahead.....heh..

Am I a rider? Or just a seasonal punya minat?

I don't have a big bike but i gonna have one soon.....soon? 3 tahun lagi pun dikira akan datang kan?

I'm just riding a kapchai......the proven workhorse...Honda EX5. Actually, current bike is my 2nd EX5 (MAX6664) because my 1st kapcai (MAM4716) was stolen 10 years ago and never found. I love my 1st kapcai......truly durable and cheap to maintain. Hehehhe.....It was comfort as well. That's why, i bought another EX5 because of that. Tahan lasak. Only one drawback of current EX5 Dream...the engine...i don't like it compared to the previous EX5. Mcm tak best la...ramai orang cakap mcm tu.

well....i ride to work everyday. Because I can no longer stand the heavy traffic jam in Kota Damansara and Jalan Duta to Jalan Tun Razak. Really heavy traffic.....I would spend almost 1 hour driving where I could managed around 30 minutes riding. See the different? By riding, I can save up to RM250......minyak and toll.

Recently, I bought a riding jacket (Alpinestar) and a pair of glove (Bell).....Why? It is for my safety....I don't care if the people want to call me poyo....it is my money what......hehhehehe....antara sebab lain pasal nak amik feel untuk pakai motor besar.....hahahahaha.......best kan reason aku.....

As I mentioned to you in previous posting....I want to ride around Peninsular Malaysia.....and also along Federal Route 1.

I cannot afford bigger cc bike....Kawa 250 or Honda CBR 250 will be just fine. These bikes are suitable for the purpose. Hehehehe

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Honda CBR 250R

Cuma, with so many commitments now...I put this dream to sleep mode...hehehehe....

I shared my convoy experience (Kedah - Melaka and return) with several of my friends and they could not believe it. They said it is crazy riding a kapcai for a damn long journey. Hey....I was telling the truth. I'll scan and upload my convoy pictures later. That was the only set of pictures taken to be kept in my history book. I cherish the moment friends.

Let me brief you a bit about my convoy experience.......it took almost 17 hours per trip, 700km per trip. Don't ask me about fuel....minyak murah masa tu.....RM1.03/RM1.13 seliter untuk RON97 (circa 1999-2000).

The convoy started in Changlun-Gurun-Gunung Semanggol-Sg. Perak-Tapah-Ulu Behrang-Sg Buloh-Dengkil-Seremban-Ayer Keroh...then.....rumah la.....My first time ride was the most exhausted and tired as hell. For the 2nd time......the feel mula datang....hahahaha. We refueled at all these R & R......if you ride a standard EX5 (no mod yeee)....it can take you up to 120km with full tank. That's mean....from Melaka, you can ride up to Dengkil without refueling in Seremban. Your speed must not exceed 90km/h. That was our regulation that day....heheheheh......

I forgot most of the names...but these were the regulars......dakwan (aku la tu), Pak Ad (Pioneer ni...pomen pun ye...), Soom, Reduan, Ah seng, Takbur, Krom, Pontian, Iqbal (ustaz a.k.a pomen konvoi) and several riders.....i forgot their names....sorry....13 tahun daaaa.....we rode EX5 and Modenas Kriss. Giler ah ding dong kan...

Well, I really missed the moment.....and I really missed the convoy party. My last convoy attracted biggest participants....23 kapchais.......the biggest and the very last.

This is my ride story....just the intro....soon I will upload all the gambars........

OKlah....nak tido....esok nak balik Johor....

Adios!










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, you have a very nice blog. I am very happy to read it. I am also very happy that you are a kapcai lover. I also own the legendary EX5. Mine was bought in 1996 and I have been using it until now, 2012. Masih boleh lenjan on the East Malaysian highway :-) My advise is, please don't buy those big cc bikes because anybody can buy and ride, just as long as they have money. It takes a lot of skill to ride an EX5 against all the bigger boyz (bigger cc bikes) on the road. The satisfaction comes when you are able to beat them when it comes to the cilok belok. THAT is the real ability of a true bike rider. Please stay true to your EX5. I will NEVER buy a bigger cc bike. That is my personal opinion. To be able to match up to the bigger engines and come up tops most times really makes up one's day, I feel. Happy 2012 to you bro. May your path with your EX5 always stay together and true.

dakwan said...

Dear Anon,

Thank you for reading my blog.....terharu.....huhuhu...

Well, you are correct. EX5 is iconic here in Malaysia...tahan lasak, cheap to maintain. But, I want something different. To satisfy my need for speed and long journey.

I salute your 'jiwa kental' riding your kapchai to East Coast.

Now, I'm dreaming to ride with my kapchai to Cameron. But don't know where to start...not many friends are interested by the way.

Anyway, thank you for reading my blog and put your comment as well.

Maybe, we can meet one day and have a little chit chat about life and riding!!!